Family law is a broad area of law which includes issues arising between two individuals and / or involving children under the age of eighteen (18) years old.
Each area of family law has a unique set of laws and procedures under California Law which affect the people involved and for which legal advice and representation is recommended:
- Marriage – public or confidential
- Civil unions
- Domestic partnerships
- Divorce (dissolution of marriage – termination of the marriage)
- Property settlements
- Alimony (spousal support)
- Modification of spousal support
- Child custody
- Child visitation
- Child support
- Modification of child support
- Child protective proceedings
- Juvenile law
- Domestic abuse – domestic violence
If the adults and / or children live in different states, there may be a question which state has the right (jurisdiction) to hear the case, which will determine in which Court the case should be filed.
We are here to assist you and provide you with legal advice necessary to determine and protect your legal rights and personal safety.